The City of Cape Town appointed Umtha to offer victim support and empowerment services during the Festive Season, under the supervision of experienced EPWP (Expanded Public Works Programme) workers.
Umtha’s responsibilities included:
- Training and induction of the EPWP workers;
- Oversight and supervision of the EPWP workers;
- Preparing and effecting payments to the EPWP workers;
- Recordkeeping of all EPWP workers;
- Registering and processing UIF processes;
- Compiling a project report at the end of the deployment;
- Arranging an evaluation session with all role players to assess the impact of the project.